More than ten years have passed since the entry into force of the ILO Maritime Labour Convention (MLC), which is now strictly enforced on a global basis and subject to Port State Control inspection.
This comprehensive and definitive guide to the MLC provides practical guidance on the convention to ensure readers are prepared for the regulatory changes that will affect them.
The updated and improved fourth edition:
• Addresses the wide range of MLC provisions including the 2022 updates, which will enter into force in December 2024, covering:
- Drinking water quality;
- Repatriation of abandoned seafarers;
- Repatriation of deceased seafarers;
- Medical care;
- Social connectivity;
- Information on rights concerning compensation; and
- Recording and reporting of deaths.
• Includes practical guidance and tools not in previous editions, including checklists which help clarify requirements for compliance, including the latest 2022 amendments.
• Is simple to navigate, using infographics and colour coding so readers can easily see what changes have been made to regulations.
• Has been written to go hand in hand with other ICS guides on regulations, including the new edition of Guidelines on the IMO STCW Convention.
Written for shipping companies, crewing agents, superintendents, maritime colleges, flag/port state inspectors and anyone involved in the employment of seafarers, a copy of this guide should be on board every merchant ship.