The ICS Tanker Safety Guide (Chemicals) is the standard reference work for chemical tankers. Now in its fifth edition, the Guide provides chemical tanker operators and crew with up-to-date best practice guidance for safe and pollution-free operations on ships regulated under MARPOL Annex II (Regulations for the Prevention of Pollution by Noxious Liquid Substances). This includes oil tankers operating in accordance with Annex II when they are carrying chemical cargoes.
New in the 5th edition
- Expanded guidance on key safety issues including enclosed space entry, risk assessments and PPE.
- New and improved ship/shore safety checklists, to help ship and terminal crew complete important safety checks efficiently.
- Aligned with ISGOTT: International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals, Sixth Edition.
The Guide should be carried on all chemical tankers and should be readily accessible by anyone involved in the carriage of chemicals on ships, including ship operators, cargo interests, training institutes and terminal operators.
- Hazards and Properties of Chemicals
- General Precautions
- Safety Management, Training and PPE
- Regulatory Framework
- Ship and Equipment
- Cargo Operations
- Inert Gas and Nitrogen Safety
- Tank Cleaning and Gas Freeing
- Entry into Enclosed Spaces
- Emergency Procedures