Aminu Umar is the founder and CEO of Sea Transport Services Nigeria Limited, a refined petroleum product vessel chartering and operations Company, providing large vessels to both local and international multi-country petroleum products trading companies with a vision to become the largest independently owned operator across West Africa.
As MD/CEO of the Sea Transport Services Group, Aminu has led the company in a consistent growth trajectory over the last fourteen (14) years with the business valued at $ 100 million conservatively. He has overseen the organic growth of the business with over Sixteen (16) large oil tanker vessels in its fleet with a total capacity of 198 million liters. The company prides itself as the only operator of the prestigious OCIMF-SIRE-approved vessels with the Nigeria Flag i.e., the highest operating requirement by IOC.
In his extensive experience in the industry, Aminu has partnered with several industry players to deliver both complex and ground-breaking maritime transport.
He has also, over time, played a significant role in shaping the maritime industry evidenced by the various roles and capacities he had served.
- Other key roles include being a Member, of the Ministerial Committee on establishing Nigerian National Fleet; a Member, of the Ministerial Committee on Nigerian Fleet Implementation Committee; a Member, of the Advisory Council to the Board of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
- Chairman Maritime Sectoral Group, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and
- Chairman Integrity Alliance of Maritime Anti-Corruption
- Member, Intertanko (International Tanker Owners Association).
- Member, BlMCO (Baltic & International Maritime Council).
- Member, Governing Council Nigeria Chamber of
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Transport -•-
- Member, Committee in Restructuring of Nigeria Ship Registry.
NCS was formed in 2003 with the primary objective of ensuring that the domestic Shipping Industry participates fully in all Commercial Services in the Nigerian Coastal waters and beyond and, is committed to the growth, development, and expansion of the Nigeria Maritime industry and indeed Africa.
Aminu Umar shall represent the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping on the Board of the International Chamber of Shipping.