Mrs. Elena Seco joined the Spanish Shipowners’ Association (ANAVE) in 1996 and has taken different positions on the Association until her nomination as Chief Executive Officer in August 2020.
Mrs. Seco holds a M.Sc. (1995) in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid and a Master of Advanced Studies.
Currently she is also Assistant Professor of Shipping Economics and Shipping Law at Madrid Polytechnic University.
She is member of different maritime sector Associations and advisory Committees as:
- President – Shortsea Promotion Center-Spain.
- Member of the Board of Directors – European Community Shipowners Associations, ECSA.
- Member of the Spanish Permanent Observatory of Port Services, Puertos del Estado, Ministry of Transport.
- Member of the Intermodality Commission at the Land Transport National Council, Ministry of Transport.
- Member of the Spanish Association of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
- Vice-president of DNV GL Maritime – Spanish Advisory Council.
- Member of Bureau Veritas – Iberian Technical Committee and Lloyd’s Register – Spanish Technical Committee.
“Being a small association with a limited budget, ANAVE cannot attend most of the meetings of the numerous ICS committees and working groups. Nevertheless, we take part in Board meetings and follow very closely the work of ICS. We receive and use the very helpful information that ICS produces and we circulate it among our members.
Briefing reports before and after IMO meetings are especially valuable for us. We also appreciate that ICS is successfully taking the lead of the international shipping industry in the IMO regulatory activity, which includes very complex matters, in particular, the decarbonization process.”