John Denholm is the President of the UK Chamber of Shipping.
He is Chairman and Chief Executive of J. & J. Denholm Limited, the holding company for the group of companies owned by the Denholm family, which has interest in shipping, logistics, seafoods and industrial services.
On graduating, John qualified as a Chartered Accountant before joining the Denholm Group, where he held a number of roles before being appointed Managing Director in 1998.
His other interests include:
- Chairman of Denholm Oilfield Services;
- Director of Hadley Shipping and Anglo Eastern Univan Group;
- Prime warden of The Worshipful Company of Shipwrights.
He was previously:
- President of the Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO);
- A non-executive director of Braemar Shipping Services Plc;
- President of Glasgow Shipowners’ Benevolent Association;
- Deacon of the Incorporation of Hammermen.