ICS at The Economist Global Trade Virtual Week
The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) is a supporting organisation of The Economist’s Global Trade Virtual Week. ICS Secretary General, Guy Platten, will be speaking on the panel discussion: ‘How will the shipping industry collaborate to become carbon neutral by 2050?’ airing on 1st July at 4:45pm BST.
The week-long event, ‘Prosperity powered by trust: technology, data and supply chain resilience’ will run between June 28th – July 2nd 2021.
Bridging the gap between high-level geopolitical debate, digital innovation and the day-to-day realities of managing supply chains and logistics, Global Trade Virtual Week will offer a unique opportunity to advance global trade dialogue and trust between key stakeholders.
Convening policymakers, government representatives, trade leaders and supply-chain experts, together we will explore how global trade is driving post-pandemic economic recovery, assess the exit strategy for easing covid-19 export restrictions, and identify solutions to build supply-chain resilience for a post-pandemic world.
Join 160+ trade experts and 4000+ global participants for a week of thought-provoking conversation through case studies, interviews and panel discussions.
Together we will ask:
- As liberalism falls out of favour in the West, can the current rules-based order survive the next century?
- What have we learned about supply chain resilience?
- Is Blockchain the fool’s gold or a panacea for paperless cross-border trade?
- Will EU carbon border taxes be a protectionist weapon in a green disguise?
- If data is the new oil, should it be valued as a commodity?
- How is global trade driving post-pandemic economic recovery and what is the exit strategy for easing Covid-19 export restrictions?
- Guy Platten, Secretary-general, International Chamber of Shipping
- Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director-general, World Trade Organisation
- Ambassador Katherine Tai, United States Trade Representative
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder and co-managing partner, Skybridge Capital and founder and chairman, SALT
- Anabel González, Deputy director-general, WTO and senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Ranil Jayawardena, Minister for international trade, UK Parliament
- Mary Ng PC MP, Minister of small business, export promotion and international trade, Government of Canada
- Jack Cheng, Chief executive officer, MIH Alliance, Foxconn and co-founder, NIO
- Randhir Thakur, Chief supply chain officer, Intel Corporation and president, Intel Foundry Services
- Angela Qu, Chief procurement officer, Lufthansa Group
- Amanda Lacaze, Managing director and chief executive officer, Lynas
- Diane Gilpin, Founder and chief executive of Smart Green Shipping
- Niclas Mårtensson, Chief executive officer, Stena Line
- Kamissa Camara, Senior visiting expert for the Sahel and former foreign Minister of Mali, United States Institute of Peace
- Mike Corbo, Chief supply chain officer, Colgate Palmolive
- Bud Darr, Executive vice-president maritime policy and government affairs, MSC Group
- Quentin Roach, Chief procurement officer, Mondelēz International
- Sarah Thorn, Senior director, global government affairs, Walmart
- Roberto Azevêdo, Chief corporate affairs officer, PepsiCo
- And many more
Register for free here
For more information click here or email [email protected]
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #EconGlobalTrade