Our Vision & Mission
To be a world class provider of marine transport, a leading carrier of Kuwaiti hydrocarbons, and an employer of choice.
- Ensure strategic coverage and provide marine transportation for Kuwaiti hydrocarbons.
- Conduct operations to world class standards in an efficient manner and promote safety and environmental responsibility.
- Pursue commercially viable opportunities within the hydrocarbon shipping sector.
- Support the development of our people while building up national manpower and expertise, and ensure a commitment to social responsibility.
KOTC was founded in April 1957, by a group of Kuwaiti pioneer investors, who had a vision of how important sea borne transportation would be for the development of oil industry and how essential it becomes to exploit and discover oil in Kuwait.
As Oil becomes the major source of energy and the world demands increased substantially, its transport in crude, refined and liquefied product forms did indeed develop into an important part of the marketing activity. Thus in 1976, the government decided to become a partner to KOTC with a 49 % share capital, thereby providing a strong and vital boost to its development.
Three years later, in June 1979, in conformity with plans to bring all its oil operations, from the well to the ultimate consumer, under one corporation, the government acquired full control of the Company’s capital. When Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) was established in January 1980, KOTC assumed responsibility for the transportation sector of KPC.
- Commit ourselves to our Vision;
- Strive to zero HSE incidents and minimise environmental pollution;
- Maintain a healthy and constructive relationship with our stakeholders in our business;
- Build trust within our own organisation;
- Maintain a positive working atmosphere thus enabling creativity, innovation and teamwork;
- Take and demonstrate our responsibilities towards development and maintenance of competence of our employees;
- Recognise good performance of our employees;
- Fulfil Company’s expectations as the requirements of our processes;
- Show visible continual improvement in results.