- Chief Executive Officer – Spanish Shipowners’ Association, ANAVE (from 1996)
- Assistant Professor of Shipping Economics and Shipping Law – Madrid Polytechnic University (from 1987)
- President – Shortsea Promotion Center-Spain (from 2002)
- Member of the Board of Directors – European Community Shipowners Associations, ECSA (from 1996)
- Chairman of the Shipping Policy Committee – ECSA (2006-2011)
- Member of the Plenary – European Sustainable Shipping Forum (from 2013)
- Member of the Board – Spanish Maritime Law Association (from 2014)
- Member of the Spanish Naval Committee of Bureau Veritas and Spanish Technical Committee of Lloyd’s Register.
- M.Sc. (1978) and Ph.D. (1986) in Naval Architect and Marine Engineering. Master in Shipping (1986)
Main focus on shortsea shipping, environmental regulations of shipping and reductions of polluting and greenhouse emissions from shipping.
“Being a small association with a limited budget, ANAVE cannot attend most of the meetings of the numerous ICS committees and working groups. Nevertheless, we take part in Board meetings and follow very closely the work of ICS. We receive and use the very helpful information that ICS produces and we circulate it among our members.
Briefing reports before and after IMO meetings are especially valuable for us. We also appreciate that ICS is successfully taking the lead of the international shipping industry in the IMO regulatory activity, which includes very complex matters such as the ballast water convention, IMO 2020 sulphur regulations, … and, most recently, in the decarbonisation process.”