This roadmap sets out procedures for a programme that can be implemented by all stakeholders concerned to facilitate safe ship crew vaccination during the COVID-19 pandemic. It can be used by shipping companies (their agents and representatives, including crew agencies), maritime administrations and national health authorities, in liaison with other authorities (such as local customs, immigration, border control, seaport and civil aviation) and seafarers, during the planning and roll-out stages of the vaccination programme.
New in the second edition:
- Updated guidance reflecting the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccinations;
- Updated information on establishing a vaccination site or national hub for seafarers;
- New information covering seafarer travel to and from vaccination sites and the necessary documentation required;
- An example vaccination card that can be printed off and provided to seafarers to document their vaccinations; and
- Updated references to alternative and important industry guides on vaccinations for seafarers.
This edition should be read in conjunction with the related set of COVID-19 guidance documents published by ICS which can be downloaded here: https://www.ics-shipping.org/supporting-shipping/covid.