The Gas Carrier Panel’s primary focus is safety, security and environmental matters related to gas carriers, their crews and cargo related to regulatory, technical and operational issues affecting ICS Members interests.
The Chemical Carrier Panel is able to;
- Be directed by the ICS Marine Committee with respect to issues related to gas carriers.
- Undertake technical discussions on any safety, security and environmental issues related to gas carriers.
- Provide technical support to the ICS Marine Committee.
- Make recommendations for approval by the Marine Committee.
- Recommend positions for the ICS Secretariat on related issues with external bodies.
- Recommend actions of the ICS Marine Department related to the work of the Panel.
- Propose nominations of Chair for ICS the Panel.
- Receive relevant technical information, updates and recommendations from the ICS Secretariat, principally the Marine Department.
Input to and outcomes from the Gas Carrier Panel are reported to ICS Members accordingly.
IMO Committee and Sub-Committees regarding a range of technical issues
- IMO MSC (Maritime Safety Committee)
- IMO MEPC (Marine Environment Protection Committee)
- IMO CCC (Sub-Committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers)
- IMO HTW (Sub-Committee on Human Element, Training and Watchkeeping)
- IMO PPR (Sub-Committee on Pollution Prevention and Response)
- IMO SDC (Sub-Committee on Ship Design and Construction)
- IMO SSE (Sub-Committee on Ship Systems and Equipment)
The Gas Carrier Panel may also have connections to and liaise with other external bodies on a case by case basis as deemed appropriate by the Panel and where necessary approved by the Committee.
Such other bodies may include Governmental, Inter-governmental (IGO), Non-governmental (NGO) or public, private or commercial organisations.