The global economy is under significant stress and the future direction of national policies and corporate strategies will have a fundamental impact on the future of shipping and international trade. To better understand the shifts in the operating environment we have launched the digital ICS Leadership Insights Series.
The programme will bring together industry leaders, policymakers and financiers to discuss the global shifts that have arisen in the wake of the pandemic and chart the path back to economic growth, stability and resilience.
Key issues that will be covered by the series include:
- Developing resilient and sustainable economies in the wake of COVID-19.
- New alliances and geopolitical tensions.
- How to restart trade and travel?
- Has COVID-19 fundamentally changed global trade?
- What will the new global supply chains look like?
- Where does the decarbonisation agenda sit post-COVID?
- 13 January 2021Industry transformation – What does it take to realise the 4th Propulsion Revolution?
- 27 January 2021
Shipping 2021 – Global impact and lessons from 2020
- 10 February 2021
Cybersecurity – Safety and security in a digital age
- 24 February 2021
The role of trade in the post-COVID recovery
- 10 March 2021
Law and global governance – the impact for shipping
- 24 March 2021
The future seafarer – seafarers’ at the core of shipping’s future
- 14 April 2021
Global trade in 2021
- 28 April 2021
Safety and security – global risks and mitigation strategies
- 12 May 2021
Future fuels – fuelling the transition