The Radio and Nautical sub-committee’s primary focus is Navigation, Communications and Search and Rescue matters related to commercial ships, their crews and cargo related to regulatory, technical and operational issues affecting ICS Members interests.
The radio and nautical sub-committee is able to;
- undertake high level technical discussions on any issues relating to its remit
- provide Nautical support to the marine committee
- make decisions, in line with the marine committee unless ICS board approval is also required.
- Agree positions for the ICS secretariat on related issues with external bodies.
- request actions of the ICS marine department related to the work of the committee.
- receive reports from panels.
- delegate tasks to ICS panels.
- receive relevant technical information, updates and recommendations from the ICS secretariat, principally the marine department.
Input to and outcomes from the radio and nautical sub-committee is reported to ICS members accordingly.
IMO Committee and Sub-Committees regarding a range of technical issues:
- IMO MSC (Maritime Safety Committee)
- IMO NCSR (Sub-Committee on Navigation, Communications and Search and Rescue)
The radio and nautical sub-committee may also have connections to and liaise with other external bodies on a case by case basis as deemed appropriate. Such other bodies may include governmental, intergovernmental (IGO), non-governmental (NGO) or public, private or commercial organisations.